Abstract and Summary can be submitted to the following sections:
- Deadline for submission: 30 September 2021
- Notification for acceptance: 7 October 2021
– E-posters in PDF, PPT, or PPTX format. Popular topics include but not limited to strabismus, pediatric cataract, pediatric glaucoma, pediatric retinal diseases, neuro-ophthalmology, pediatric uveitis, and pediatric oculoplastic diseases. Please submit an abstract in a structured format in no more than 200 words including title, name of the authors, background, methods, results, and conclusions. Posters will be scored by a scientific committee according to originality of idea (authenticity and novelty), study design (if applicable), accuracy of results, robustness of conclusions, practical applicability of the study, and the presentation and design of the e-poster. The best 2 posters will be given a special award
Challenging strabismus cases:
– The theme of this session is “From variability to stability”. Priority will be given to cases with different presentations, variable measurements, or unexpected outcome. Please submit a short synopsis in less than 150 words describing the case.
Challenging cases (non-strabismus):
– Popular topics include but not limited to pediatric cataract, pediatric glaucoma, pediatric retinal diseases, neuro-ophthalmology, pediatric uveitis, and pediatric oculoplastic diseases. Please submit a short synopsis in less than 150 words describing the case.
Rapid Fire Session:
-Rapid Fire is an exciting fast-paced session. Each presenter will have 3 minutes to give a short presentation. It can be a research summary, a clinical pearl, an interesting case, or any interesting tidbit of science that can fit in 3 minutes. This will be followed by brief Q&A. To keep the fast pace, the session will be on double podium to allow on-time switches.
This is a comprehensive session and includes speakers from all ages and all levels of experience. All subspecialties of pediatric ophthalmology will be included in this session. Please submit a short synopsis in less than 150 words describing the presentation.
Young ophthalmologists session:
-if interested just submit your name and contact information